Saturday, August 15, 2009

Minot, ND

We conveniently had a day off in Minot, ND on the last day of the state fair. Our host church and pastor were great and we started the day with a big pancake breakfast. The group was planning shuttles to the bike shop and fair but on the day off I wanted to be on my own schedule so Jason and I decided to bike around. Jason and I rode to the bike shop for some minor replacement parts--a new derailleur cable and bar end. The shop guy recommended an Irish pub for lunch so we went for a good meal. On to the fair. Saw a dog show, pig race, selection of the prize cow, pig showing, ax throwing, fried everything on a stick, all kinds of stuff. Wade, Jason, and I talked to a girl working the go karts telling her what we were doing and she let us do a ride for free. Best ten minutes on a go kart I've had. It was a great day. Then on our way out, I'm still not sure how it happened, the three of us got completely duped by a carnie worker. I don't want to talk about it but we'll never play a carnival game again--he was so convincing. Recovered with a ground round and got a good sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment